I'm gonna simply call this a May Blowout

What happened??!! Sh*t happened, that's whats happened.. I was distracted when exiting the Summers Mall and took a corner too short that my left hind tyre caught the side ramp. I guess the sudden, uneven change in air pressure inside tyre was too much that it blew. It only took a few seconds for the air to escape the tyre completely. 

Luckily Petronas was nearby. I drove slowly there. I don't think the tyre can be saved as when I tried to pump air into it, it would not inflate. Man.. just when cash is tight.. 

Whining is for losers, right? So I went ahead and changed to the spare tyre. Here's a neat reminder to every car owner out there - PLEASE make sure to maintain your spare tyre. Just because it is not used, does not mean the air pressure stays static or the tyre stays inflated indefinitely. So as you read this, as a gentle reminder, please pick up your phone and put a reminder to check the air pressure of your spare tyre. And check also if the tools are complete and in good condition. Please do. 


Anyways, being near to Petronas is just lucky. My spare tyre was flat like the chest of someone I know >.< (OMG that's actually mean.. sorry dude >.<) Managed to pump it properly and changed to spare tyre in about half an hour with so much sweat and dirt. 

The damaged tyre - loosen the "screws" by using the tool first before you jack up the car. Use your body weight if necessary (it should be necessary >.<) Otherwise, there is no way you can unscrew it unless you're Superman.

Jacking up

This part was difficult - taking out the tyre from its axle. Use plenty of force if necessary. Its built to last years, it can take a little rough handling. 

Slide in the spare tyre and tighten the "screws" as much as you can. Not yet time to use your body weight as the tyre may spin and can be dangerous.



After the jack is removed and the tyre is firmly on the ground, use the same tool to tighten the "screws". Use your bodyweight to really tighten it - you do not want the tyre to come loose when you're driving. 

And there you go.. Of course, being the a typical person I am with social media, I Have to take a SELFIE!




0 comments :